Thank you for allowing Opera Idaho to come and visit your school! We are very excited to bring to you Opera for the Young’s adaptation of Gaetano Donizetti’s The Elixir of Love. We are happy to provide to you some valuable resources in preparation for our visit. The materials we are sharing with you were also prepared by Opera for The Young.
In the Teacher’s Guide, you will find all of the information to make our visit to your school exciting and engaging. Please take special note of the Student Chorus Preparation Checklist to see what is required in advance of our visit.
If you would like information regarding how our visit will go, we invite you to contact these previous hosts:
I am sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions. Opera Idaho is available to you as well, should you need any additional assistance. We can come visit your school up to a week before your scheduled performance to assist with any music or discussion about opera.
Things to note:
- We will need the participation a maximum of 16 students (8 minimum).
- 2 of those students will have speaking roles: Soldier & Justice of the Peace.
- The tutorial CD below is designed to help children learn their parts. If you would like actual CDs to share with the 16 students, please let us know ASAP and we will get them to you.
- Artists will meet with student participants 15 minutes before the show (not 45 as per the teacher guide).
- We will arrive at your school 20 to 30 min prior to set-up (not 60 minutes as per the teacher guide).
- Microphone is not required for the performance, but appreciated for the intro and Q&A after where available.
Here you can download the study guide and supplemental information:
The tutorial CD and cast recording of our production can be found on Soundcloud.
Funding for our school tour is provided by: